Your informational pages can literally make or break
the sale. Your customers are looking for information from you.
Print out this check list and make sure that you
address your customers concerns.
These are the questions your customers want answered
Customer Service Checklist
- Who are you? -
Customers want to do business with people they like and trust.
- Who owns the company?
- Can I see a picture?
- How did your business get started?
- How will your products help me?
- How can I get in touch with you?
**Important to have all 3 to increase your conversion rates**
~Email Address -
- Shipping -
How much is shipping?
How soon will you process my order?
How long will it take for the product to
arrive to my front door?
Can I get my order faster?
What type of shipping options do you provide?
How much will it cost to get my order faster?
How can I send a gift to my Aunt Sally
Can I ship to an address that is not my
Will I be able to track my package?
Do you offer International shipping?
How much will International shipping cost me?
I want to send a gift to my son in Iraq. Do
you ship to APO / FPO addresses?
Do you ship to Alaska or Hawaii?
- Guarantee /
- Do you offer a guarantee?
- What if I get the product and don't like it?
- What do I have to do in order to return the
product to you?
- Will I get a refund?
- How long will it take for me to get a refund?
- Will you let me know when you get my return and
refund my credit card?
- Privacy /
- How do I know that shopping with you is safe?
- How do I know that giving my credit card
information to you is safe?
- Will you give my information to other companies?
- What information do you need from me?
- Why do you need this information?
- How do you get my information?
- What if I need to contact you?
- I don't want to place my order online, can I call
- What happens after I place my order?
- What forms of payment do you accept?
- What name will show up on my credit card
- Can I send you a check or money order?
- Are you sure your site is safe to put my credit
card information on?
- Do I have to pay sales tax?
- I would rather call you to place my order, can I
- I can't figure out what Aunt Sally wants, do you
have Gift Certificates?
- Do you have a newsletter I can sign up for?
- What if I have a problem with my order?
- How do I know if a product is available?
- Are there any warranties?
- Are there any rebates?
Inspiration? Check out these customer service pages.
SHOULD YOU CREATE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION PAGES?
Absolutely! Why limit yourself to Yahoo's 2
Create Multiple Pages
- Contact Us
- Guarantee / Returns
DO YOU REALLY NEED A TOLL FREE NUMBER?
You will see an immediate increase in conversions when
you add a toll free number to your website.
*Tip* A true toll free 800 number will increase your
sales. People think that if you have a toll free 800 number (instead of 888
or 866); your company has been around longer.
Resources and FAQ
- Can I still get a true 800 number?
are services available that hold these numbers
- How much will it cost?
That depends on who you
use. Don't forget you will pay per minute charges on the phone calls.
- What services are available?
www.freedomvoice.com and I have used this service for 9 years and have
NEVER had any problems. For as little as $10 a month, you can get a toll
free number with virtual extensions. For instance, you can set up
departments like sales, order status, etc. You can assign different
extensions to go to different phone numbers. If it is Christmas time and
you hire a family member for help, you can forward certain extensions to
their phone. You also do not need to set up additional phone lines for
your home office. The phone will ring and tell you if you have a phone
call from customer. You can take the call or send it to voice mail. If
your kids answer the phone, your customers will never know.
www.ringcentral.com is another service available. They have some really
great features, but once you start racking up minutes per month... the
pricing is higher than Freedom Voice.
- I work a full time job; I can't answer phone
calls during the day.
That is why I like the services above. You can have
the toll free number ring your cell phone during the day. If you are on
break or have free time, you can answer the call. Otherwise you can have
a voicemail state that you are currently assisting other customers.
Please leave a message and you will return their call. You will receive
an email alert letting you know there is a new message.
DO YOU REALLY NEED TO SHOW
Customers want to make sure you are a real person.
If you do not want to put your personal home address
So this is what I did.
I want to my local UPS Store and purchased a box.
THIS WILL NOT WORK WITH A PO BOX - Customers do NOT
want to see a post office box address.
When you purchase a mailbox through UPS Store (or other
type of service), you can use their address and instead of putting box
number you can use: #135 or Suite 135
Now your UPS Store address looks like this:
South Bend Ave #135
South Bend, In 46637
Your store looks like an address at a strip mall.