How many times have you wondered about the traffic your competitors' web sites get?
Well, here is a free software to find exactly that!
- Find how your site compares with that of your competitors
- See how popular your competitors are.
- Plan your web site promotional efforts more efficiently.
- Check usefulness of an advertisement campaign on a particular site.
- Find sites that are useful to you for link swapping.
and so on...
Site Popularity Meter is possible because of a useful service called Alexa®
Alexa is a free web navigation tool that also powers the ‘Show Related Links’ information in Internet Explorer and the ‘What’s Related’ button in Netscape. They also rank every website according to number of times Alexa users have visited the site in the past six months.
Alexa user base is very large and is a very good representation of relative web traffic. Of course it takes into account only Windows users.
Site Popularity Meter retrieves this information from Alexa and provides it in a clean tabular display. Simply type in the URL, click ‘Go’ and the software will retrieve the ranking and the number of Alexa visits. All information is displayed in a nice table. You can right click within the list for various options. You may click on the list headings to sort the list (rank wise, site wise, etc.)
Site Popularity Meter simply connects to the Alexa website and retrieves a web page from it. It is safe to use and doesn’t monitor any activity on your own system. You need not install Alexa in your system to use this software. However installing Alexa will allow you to instantly see the popularity of every site you visit. You might want to visit the Alexa website (Alexa.Com) for more information.
Alexa also offers advanced site traffic information. You might want to visit them and avail of their services.
Please note the following facts regarding Site Popularity Meter
- The Alexa statistics are based on unique domains. So the results from Site Popularity Meter is useful for checking the traffic to sites that are hosted on unique domains.
- Results may not be available for sites that have been in operation for less than 6 months.
- Alexa statistics are based on visits from users who have installed the Alexa toolbar in their system. So the Alexa rank is simply a relative measure of popularity based on a selected internet user sample.
Requires Windows 95/98/NT/2K/ME/XP
Click Here To Download Site Popularity Meter
Site Popularity Meter is copyright Softnik Technologies